The protein diet allows you to lose weight without feeling hungry. And although this diet option cannot be called very diverse, it often becomes the only way to lose weight for some losing weight, since it is not necessary to deprive yourself of meat.
What is the essence of a protein diet for weight loss
Eating the simplest protein diet can make you feel refreshed and active throughout. This is a significant advantage of this method for losing weight. But this can not last more than 14 days, optimally - 1 week.
The point is that a protein diet creates an energy deficit in the body by saturating it with high protein foods and limiting carbohydrate intake. This causes stress on the body.
With a lack of carbohydrates, the glycogen stores hidden in body fat and muscle mass begin to be extracted.
In addition, weight loss is first ensured by a significant loss of fluid, and a little later, muscle and fat mass begins to drop its energy supply. The result of adhering to the protein method for weight loss:
- to lose weight about 5 kg per week;
- absence of a constant gnawing sensation of hunger;
- preservation of the result of weight loss for a long time.
But despite these advantages of this diet, it can not be called diverse, the minus is that such a diet places an excessive load on the kidneys and gastrointestinal tract and can lead to poor health, womenspeakers are prohibited from using it.
Therefore, the menu of the protein weight loss program includes not only foods that are predominantly in protein, but also many other essential nutrients, which greatly facilitate compliance with the diet and reduce the load on the kidneys.
Protein diet: list of authorized foods and recommendations
Authorized during a protein diet:
- any meat - pork, beef, poultry with a minimum fat content;
- seafood, eggs, low-fat cottage cheese;
- raw vegetables: cabbage, cucumbers, herbs, tomatoes;
- Lemon juice or olive oil is used as a dressing;
- Oatmeal and buckwheat are allowed 2 times a week.
It is advisable to alternate different types of meat.
- sweet - all pastries (cakes, cookies), sugar and sweet fruits are included;
- bakery products, pasta, products fried in fat;
- cereals, potatoes, butter.
The following guidelines should be followed when following a protein diet:
- you should eat 5-6 times a day, the last time no later than 2 hours before bedtime;
- drink at least 1. 5 liters of mineral water per day without gas or clean water;
- all alcohol is prohibited;
- , if desired, it is allowed to eat a few citrus fruits or unsweetened apples for a snack.
What are the protein diet programs?
Dr Ducan and Dr Atkins' programs and the Kremlin diet are among the most popular.
There are many programs for a protein diet. There are both pure protein diets and with different variations: protein-vegetable, protein-fruit, protein-vitamin and others.
Weekly protein diet: menu options
Protein diet option 1 for 7 days
- Breakfast: 150 grams of beef with a whole grain bread, a cup of tea or coffee;
- Snack: 1 apple;
- For lunch: boiled chicken breast (150 grams) with vegetable salad (200 grams);
- Snack: 1 glass of low-fat yogurt or kefir;
- For dinner: boiled sea fish (200 grams) with vegetable salad seasoned with lemon juice.
- Breakfast: 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, tea, coffee;
- Snack: 1 citrus fruit;
- For lunch: beef stew with vegetables (150 grams);
- Afternoon snack: 1 glass of low-fat kefir with diet bread;
- For dinner: 200 grams of lean fish boiled with fresh vegetables.
- Breakfast: boiled chicken fillet (200 grams), tea or coffee;
- Snack: 1 apple;
- For lunch: 200 grams of boiled beans with a serving of vegetable salad;
- Snack: 200 grams of low-fat yogurt with diet cookies;
- For dinner: 150 grams of boiled beef with 150 grams of coleslaw, seasoned with 1 tbsp. l. olive oil.
- Breakfast: 1 glass of low-fat kefir with diet cookies;
- Snack: 1 unsweetened fruit;
- For lunch: 200 grams of boiled chicken breast, 1 glass of apple juice;
- Afternoon snack: 1-2 hard-boiled eggs;
- For dinner: 200 grams of boiled fish, 150 grams of fresh vegetables.
- Breakfast: 150 grams of boiled turkey, 1 apple, tea or coffee;
- Snack: 1 glass of apple juice, 1 diet cookie;
- For lunch: boiled fish (200 grams) with a slice of whole grain bread;
- Afternoon snack: 1 glass of low fat kefir;
- For dinner: 150 grams of boiled beef with vegetable salad.
- Breakfast: 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese and tea;
- Snack: 1 grapefruit;
- For lunch: cooked beans with vegetables;
- Afternoon snack: 1 glass of kefir;
- For dinner: boiled sea fish (200 grams) with salad of fresh vegetables.
- Breakfast: 1 glass of skimmed milk, 1 diet biscuit;
- Snack: 1 unsweetened apple;
- For lunch: vegetable soup with mushrooms;
- Afternoon snack: 50 grams of low-fat cottage cheese;
- For dinner: boiled beef (150 grams) with fresh salad.
Seven Day Protein Diet Option 2
Day 1. Distribute 200 grams of boiled chicken breast, 1 fresh cucumber and tomato, canned tuna without oil, grapefruit and 1 slice of whole grain bread throughout the day.
Day 2. For the whole day, 200 grams of fried veal, the same amount of fresh cucumber, tomato, bread, fruit: apple or pear.
Day 3. Low fat hard cheese (50 grams), boiled vegetables (200 grams), 2 cucumbers and 2 tomatoes, bread, orange.
Day 4. 200 grams of boiled turkey fillet, the same amount of fresh tomatoes and cucumber, bread, pear, grapefruit.
Day 5. 2 eggs, 3 tomatoes, vegetable salad, orange.
Day 6. Boiled turkey breast (200 grams), canned tuna, boiled vegetables, two cucumbers and two tomatoes, bread, apple.
Day 7. 200 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, 2 cups of kefir, grapefruit.
Grapefruit not only contains tons of vitamins, it also helps burn calories.
14 Day Protein Diet Menu
A two week weight loss program works well with foods high in protein. There is a variant of an effective menu, where 3 meals are indicated, but in practice it is advisable to divide the amount of food into 5-6 meals.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: tomato juice, coleslaw salad and vegetable oil. Dinner: boiled or fried fish (200 grams).
- Breakfast: croutons with coffee. Lunch: boiled fish (200 grams), vegetable salad with cabbage. Dinner: beef boiled in kefir.
- Breakfast: coffee and croutons. Lunch: cooked zucchini, apple. Dinner: boiled beef (200 grams), 2 hard-boiled eggs, coleslaw.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: 1 boiled egg, salad of fresh carrots in olive oil (1 teaspoon), a slice of hard cheese. Dinner: kefir.
- Breakfast: carrot salad seasoned with lemon juice. Lunch: boiled fish fillet (200 grams), 1 glass of tomato juice. Dinner: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: tea. Lunch: boiled chicken breast, coleslaw and carrot salad. Dinner: 2 hard-boiled eggs, grapefruit.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: boiled beef (200 grams) and grapefruit. Dinner: 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Breakfast: tea. Lunch: boiled turkey fillet, 1 apple. Dinner: a glass of kefir.
- Like the sixth day.
- Like the fifth day.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: 1 boiled egg, boiled carrots, a slice of hard cheese. Dinner: a glass of kefir.
- Like the third day.
- Breakfast: coffee and croutons. Lunch: boiled fish (200 grams) with coleslaw. Dinner: boiled beef (150 grams) and a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: 2 hard-boiled eggs, coleslaw and 1 tomato. Dinner: boiled fish 200 grams.
Ducan diet menu
Dukan's diet is divided into different stages depending on the menu: attack, cruise, protein-plant, consolidation, stabilization. The very first step of the attack is the most critical, here is its sample menu:
- For breakfast: 2 protein scrambled eggs with low fat milk and herbs.
- Snack: One and a half tablespoons of oatmeal in the bran.
- For lunch: 200 grams of boiled veal.
- Snack: Boil 200 grams of shrimp or other seafood.
- For dinner: 200 grams of boiled veal or lamb.
Boil the seafood in lightly salted water.
Protein Diet Recipes
Chicken fillet with kefir
You will need:
- 100 grams of chicken fillet;
- 50 ml of kefir and water;
- salt, pepper, herbs to taste.
Cut the chicken fillet into pieces and mix with the salt and seasoning. Pour the chicken with a mixture of kefir and water. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Cook the pieces of fillet in a hot pan without oil for 5 minutes on each side.
You will need:
- 200 grams of fish fillet(pollock, hake, cod, tilapia, pangasius, trout);
- juice of 1 lemon;
- seasonings to taste.
Can also be baked in a special pouch.
Pour the lemon juice over the fish fillet, sprinkle with seasonings and dried herbs. Place the fish on foil, wrap and bake until tender (20-30 minutes).
To prevent the tenderloin from burning and sticking, add a little water to the baking sheet where it is cooked.
Mashed spinach soup
You will need:
- 1 skinless turkey breast or drumstick;
- 1 packet of spinach (fresh or frozen);
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- salt, pepper, any herbs you want;
- 1/3 cup skimmed milk
Boil the turkey, remove it from the broth and let it cool. Chop the spinach and simmer in the broth for about 5 minutes. Separate the turkey meat from the bones, finely chop it and return it to the broth. Cook for another 2 minutes. Cool the soup a little, then mash everything with a blender, gradually adding milk to the mass, adding spices and chopped herbs. Ready-made mashed soup is best served immediately, when heated, it can lose its mash consistency.
Beef cooked with eggplant
For 4 servings, you will need:
- 0. 5 l of water;
- 500 g of lean beef;
- 300 g of eggplant;
- 400 g of peeled tomatoes;
- finely chopped parsley, garlic clove.
Cut the eggplants into slices, put them in salted water for 15 minutes. Chop the tomatoes, put them in a saucepan, sprinkle with parsley and crushed garlic. Bring the water to a boil and cook the eggplants in it for half an hour over medium heat. Then transfer to the tomatoes and mix everything together. Cut the meat into thin slices.
Place half of the vegetables in a heat-resistant baking dish, place the meat on top, cover with the rest of the vegetables on top.
Bake for 15 minutes.
You will need:
- 2 eggs;
- 200 g fat-free yogurt
- 50 g of cornstarch;
- 2 tbsp. sweetener for baking;
- flavor (eg vanillin).
Set the oven to preheat to 180oC. Separate the whites from the yolks. Mix the yolks with yogurt, sweetener, starch, flavor. Whip the whites into a thick foam and gently mix with the total mass. Pour the dough into a baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.