Pancreatic pancreatitis is a disease that dramatically impairs the quality of life. Special diet is an important part of proper treatment. How doctors recommend eating with pancreatitis - read our documentation.
In this article, we've put together basic nutritional recommendations for pancreatitis, along with sample prepared menus and several recipes.
The pancreas produces enzymes involved in the breakdown of nutrients in food. With pancreatitis, the gland becomes inflamed, and heavy, fatty food puts it under an unbearable load. For effective treatment, it is necessary to follow a diet to restore pancreatic function.
The diet for pancreatic disease is extremely important, it is considered one of the key elements for success - that is, the condition of a patient in which he does not worry about pain orother symptoms of the disease. The aim of the diet is to reduce the load on the pancreas as much as possible, to ensure that the enzymes that help process food are released gradually and little by little - in this way, exacerbations can be avoided for a long time. Nutrition for pancreatitis should be chemically, mechanically and thermally neutral - foods that are too fatty are difficult to digest and overload the pancreas, and unground or too hot / cold foods irritate the walls of the stomach and the reaction of the pancreas. stomach, in turn, "turns on" the pancreatic gland.
Diet for pancreatitis: rules
Inflammation of the pancreas can be chronic or acute. In case of chronic illness, table number 5 is displayed, or rather its special version - number 5p. The diet for exacerbation of pancreatitis of the pancreas provides for more stringent restrictions (up to fasting or intravenous administration of nutrients) in order to alleviate the disease as quickly as possible. As soon as the acute symptoms are eliminated, the patient should be transferred to a full but sparing diet.
Fasting on a diet with exacerbated pancreatitis of the pancreas can last up to 3 days, depending on the severity of the condition. At this time you can and should drink: mineral water without gas, decoction of rosehip, weak tea. Once the patient feels better, he can eat according to Table 5p. The main recommendations for such a diet:
- It is necessary to observe fractional meals - 5-6 times a day in small portions.
- It is recommended to boil or cook food.
- The use of mashed dishes is shown. When the condition improves, you can switch to uncleaned food.
- The menu should contain around 200 g of animal protein. The amount of fat is limited to 50 g per day.
- Sugar consumption should not exceed 30-40g per day.
- Carbohydrates can be consumed up to 350g per day.
- Salt is limited to 3-5 grams per day.
Diet for pancreatic pancreatitis: a list of foods
If you follow diet number 5p, animal fats are excluded. It is allowed not to consume more than 25 g of butter or vegetable oils per day. You cannot eat sour vegetables and fruits, other high fiber foods, fast food, fried, fatty, spicy foods, sweets and pastries. Here is an expanded list of foods that are prohibited on a diet for pancreatic inflammation:
- fried food;
- pork, lard, lamb, duck, goose, fatty chicken;
- smoked meats, sausages, sausages;
- Fast food;
- fatty fish;
- meat, fish and mushroom soups;
- dairy products with a high fat content (cheese, sour cream, fatty milk);
- canned foods and pickles;
- spicy foods, sauces, spices;
- desserts and sweet sodas;
- sweet and sour fruits and berries: grapes, pears, citrus fruits, figs, dates, pomegranate, kiwi, cranberries, cherries, etc.
- vegetables rich in fiber and purines: radish, radish, garlic, horseradish, spinach, cabbage, onions and green onions, sorrel;
- coffee, cocoa, strong black tea;
- fresh bread, baked goods;
- fried and hard-boiled eggs.
It seems that there is no product authorized, but it is not. Table number 5p allows for quite a variety of eating, maybe the food may seem a bit bland, but when the health of the pancreas is at stake, unfortunately you don't have to choose. Here is a list of foods allowed for a diet for inflammation of the pancreas during an exacerbation, table number 5p-1:
- Crackers - no more than 50 g per day
- Cereal soups in water or vegetable broth not too concentrated
- Lean meat without tendons, fat, skin, mash: beef, rabbit, chicken, turkey
- Lean fish, also mashed
- Cereals (except semolina and millet), cereals, gratins
- Omelets with steamed egg whites (you cannot eat more than 1 yolk per day)
- Low fat and not too acidic dairy products - cottage cheese, cream and souped milk
- Mashed zucchini, potatoes, carrots and mashed cauliflower
- Baked apples, mashed berries
- Jelly, jelly without sugar, with substitutes
- Still mineral water, weakly brewed tea, fruit compotes, rosehip broth
When the body recovers a little, the above products can be supplemented with dried bread, vegetarian soups, noodles, sour milk products, beets, pumpkin, beans, in limited quantities - tomatoes and cucumberspeel-free, pasta, sweet fruits, rich cookies), dairy and vegetable sauces. As already mentioned, all this should first be consumed exclusively in a shabby form, but when the patient's condition improves, it can be neglected, for example, eating meat and fish in pieces (however, removeall tendons, dandruff, fat, skin, leave only clean meat).
Diet for pancreatic pancreatitis: menu
The number 5p speed table has two types. The first (No. 5p-1) is designed specifically for patients with an acute form of pancreatitis or for a period of exacerbation of chronic disease. In accordance with the list of permitted foods, the menu can be as follows (for each meal there are several options):
- Breakfast: grated oatmeal porridge, freshly made cottage cheese, rice pudding or sticky cereal soup in water. The drink is weak tea or rosehip broth.
- Second breakfast: baked apple, protein omelet, a glass of jelly.
- Lunch: vegetable puree (you can mix several types of vegetables), buckwheat porridge puree, fish dumplings, lean beef or rabbit soufflé. Rosehip broth or fruit compote.
- Afternoon snack: fruit jelly, berry puree.
- Dinner: breaded vegetable soup, casserole rice, grated barley porridge, chicken or turkey mousse. Mineral water or fruit compote.
If we talk about option number 5p-2, then an approximate menu for a diet for pancreatic pancreatitis looks like this:
- Breakfast: oatmeal in water, cottage cheese casserole, weak tea.
- Second breakfast: natural applesauce of non-acidic varieties.
- Lunch: vegetable cream soup, baked beef, berry jelly.
- Afternoon snack: dry cookies, carrot juice.
- Dinner: steamed fish patties with boiled Brussels sprouts, low-fat kefir.
Other menu option:
- Breakfast: chicken balls with young beans with milk sauce, weak tea.
- Second breakfast: pudding.
- Lunch: vegetarian noodle soup, a slice of toast, rosehip broth.
- Afternoon snack: an omelet of 2 proteins and 1 yolk, half a peeled tomato.
- Dinner: semolina porridge, vegetable juice.
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, rosehip broth.
- Second breakfast: a glass of kefir, uncooked cookies.
- Lunch: pumpkin soup, pasta with steamed beef cutlets, mineral water.
- Afternoon snack: casserole of rice with apples.
- Dinner: low-fat jelly fish.
Diet for the pancreas: recipes
Rice soup with vegetables
- Rice in bags;
Preparation: make rice water - boil the rice in a saucepan with plenty of water, then take out the bags. Grate the carrots, chop the rest of the vegetables, put everything in a saucepan with the rice broth, add the rice and oatmeal to it, cook until the vegetables are ready. Salt, stir, extinguish. If necessary, grind everything in a blender.
- Lean fish fillet;
- White crackers;
- Egg white;
Preparation: grind the fish in a meat grinder, soak the crackers in milk, also pass through a meat grinder, mix with minced fish. Beat the egg white until frothy, add to the minced meat, salt and stir. Form round meatballs from the resulting minced meat. Then boil or steam them.
Pumpkin soup with oatmeal
- A little oil to extinguish.
Preparation: chop the pumpkin and potatoes, cook them in a deep bowl with a little oil, making sure that they do not burn. Salt, add the oatmeal, add water, mix, boil until the oatmeal is ready. Pass the contents of the saucepan through a blender, return to the saucepan, add the cream and simmer for a few more minutes. Can be served with breadcrumbs.
According to reviews, it is not too easy to diet for pancreatitis, at least in the mash phase, but with its help you can achieve a really stable remission. Patients note that they feel much better on such a diet.